1.22.2004

I'm currently wearing one of the biggest shirts I've ever owned. Adam (my manager at David's Place) finally gave me two staff shirts to wear, but they're huge. Men's mediums. Which, granted, isn't exactly the biggest size shirt in the world, but on me...well, they're large. I could probably fit three of me in here with no problem. I really want to alter it, but I don't have a sewing machine. I'm actually contemplating getting it altered at a tailor's, but I have no idea how much that would cost. I have to wear it every time I work, so it would be worth it to pay a little bit, but still. I think I'd feel dumb asking them to alter a t-shirt. They'd probably think it was beneath them.

I've had a really good day today. I spent some of the morning recruiting people to get their picture taken for the yearbook (which I'm currently a part of for my practicum). It was actually a lot of fun; my friend Dana is the yearbook editor and she's absolutely insane and I love her. She also lives in the same apartment complex as Caleb, which means it will be a lot easier to hang out with her this semester. Yay!

I'm having a postcard day today--I have this entire box of postcards with old catalogue pictures from the seventies on them, and tomorrow I'm sending some to Phil, Eb, and the girls at the Pink Nasty. Eb is the one that got me excited about sending people postcards...they're much easier and cheaper than letters, plus they're just more fun! I'm collecting the cool ones I get, so email me if you want to send me one. :)

I got two new records on Monday. One is full of old Platinum hits like "Rock with Me" by Michael Jackson, "Always a Woman" by Billy Joel...plus stuff from ABBA, Eltron John, the Bee Gees, and more. The second one is full of Henry Mancini's "Theme Songs", like the theme from "Love Story" and (best of all) the theme from M*A*S*H. I've been looking up record shops in Baltimore--we're going to take a little road trip up there sometime in February to go record-hunting. It's amazing how actually having a record player that works makes you want to buy more and more records...alright, maybe not that amazing.

I finished reading Pilgrim's Progress for 18th Century Lit. It was very tedious--as is the tendency of that time period. However, I was suprised to find that so many of the allegorical parallels continue to be relevant. It amazes me sometimes how basic the Christian walk really is, yet still so complex to those who aren't truly following it. I also find it interesting that living for Christ in the 18th century really didn't differ all that much from the way we live it today. Granted, the blatant advocacy of sin is much more apparent in modern society, but those in the 1700's dealt with as many day-to-day struggles as we do. The presence of political and denominational pressures were much more pressing to them, bringing along so many issues of pride, gossip, and incorrect doctrine. Living a life to please God will never be the easiest of things, but it will always be the most rewarding. No matter what the time frame.

Well. Didn't really plan on going off on that, but there it is. And now I need to work on designing the fliers for Open Mic Night on February 8th. Hasta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home