1.05.2004

I rediscovered one of my favorite old sites today: couplandesque. This site has more content than anyone could ever ask for, and it's the home of the "Which John Cusack are you?" quiz (I'm Rob from "High Fidelity"). I love finding sites that I used to visit but somehow (usually because I forgot to save the link) stopped going to. It's great because when I finally do go back to them, there's tons of updates and new things for me to look at. And, thanks to Kris (couplandesque's owner), new quizzes! And apparently...



Which 1990's Subculture Do You Belong To?



I don't really think I'm all that of an elitist, but eh. Whaddya gonna do?

I got an email from my landlady today. Apparently one of the back porch lights was left on and the front door was unlocked. Apparently it's my fault. Um, noooo. Not so much. Cameron and Caleb are both witnesses to the fact that I was super-extremely anal about making sure everything was off and locked up tight when we left the house before break. And they were. I double and triple checked enough to drive both guys halfway up a wall. It bordered on the beginning of an OCD. So yes, I locked the doors. No, I didn't leave the light on. Grrr. Yet I'm still stuck here feeling like I'm in trouble or something.

My friend Dylan just sent me a picture of a civet. If I ever had to describe an animal that was "funky"...well, this one would be it. It's said to be the reason that SARS has been spread around China. I think it very accurately represents the face of SARS, don't you?

We got about five inches of snow last night. While snow is nice and pretty and I do live in Michigan, I can't way I'm all that excited about it. My car is now all but buried under really annoying ice and snow, and it got a lot colder outside. Which makes for a cold me when I'm in the garage putting the first coat of reddish-orange paint on the dresser/TV stand that my dad and I are re-finishing. Which I just happened to have been doing about half an hour ago. And my toes are STILL cold.

I'm listening to "We Laugh Indoors" by Death Cab for Cutie, a song where the phrase, "I loved you Guinevere" is repeated a number of times. And it makes me even more sure that if I have a daughter, I'm naming her Guinevere. Because it's a cool name, because her nickname would be "Gwen" and because I really really like that song. And how cool would it be to have some band singing that they loved you, even though your name isn't something general like "Sarah". Oh yeah. It'd be cool, you know it.

And now it's time for the part of our show where I go play Nintendo games until it's time for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home