And now it is time for me to grace you with a Spring Break mid-point update.

Things officially kicked off with the Tooth and Nail tour, which we saw on Thursday night. Cameron, Caleb, my friend Holly, and I drove to Richmond after class. Richmond roads are sneaky, especially this one evil toll road. We had to drive through the toll three times because we got all turned around. Cameron showed that toll though, yes he did; throwing his quarters at it real hard and stuff. We finally made it to Nanci Raygun, which is definitely in my top five venues. It was real small, but colorful, and the bathrooms were indescribably nifty (especially for a bar). Because of Richmond being so confusing, we missed Slow Coming Day and made it in halfway through Emery's set. I wasn't really a fan of them...I honestly don't even remember what they sounded like, they were that inconsequential. I was too busy buying a mewithoutyou shirt (from Aaron, actually, who Holly and I didn't recognize because he got rid of his bear) and trying to talk to the eighty million people that were there. Me and Caleb's friends Jim and Canaan were there, and we haven't seen them in forever. I think that show had more people that I knew than any I'd been to before, and it was lots of fun.

Watashi Wa played, they did a great job. For some reason, I thought their lead singer was fat and bald, but nosir, he was actually pretty cute. They were very laid back and it was fun to hear all their stuff again (my brother has the cd, so I haven't heard it in a while). Mewithoutyou was amazing, I really don't even have to mention that. But they played a lot of new stuff and I wanted them to keep going for another six hours. They didn't, of course, but they did have fun trying to get a rise out of the PETA booth by endorsing Gillette razors even though they were tested on animals (think about that, folks--that means the worst thing would be shaving the animals...and that's just funny!).

We were chilling near the front before Anberlin played, and there were these two old men joking about how "cute" Anberlin's new guitarist was. I asked how they knew him, and turns out it was James' dad, uncle, and two cousins. They were a lot of fun, and we chatted until Anberlin started their set. They did a great job, and I'm really happy about their new stuff. James (the new guitarist) was good, it was fun watching his dad poke the cousins to get them to take pictures. Apparently Luke and Justin didn't like James, because he tried to "steal the show" or something when they saw him, but I don't know what they're talking about. He was real laid back and he fit in with the band really well. Course, they did see one of the first shows, so maybe it took some time for him to get used to everything.

When Anberlin finished, I couldn't feel my ears anymore. We got back to Lynchburg pretty late, and Holly spent the night at my house. Caleb and I left super early the next morning, and made it to Branford in Record time. We got in around 6, just in time to get some dinner.

Ok, I need to go for now, because Cameron and Caleb are almost done practicing. I'll finish up later...wish them luck, Gunsmoke Dialogue is opening for Unforsaken tonight in Valdosta.


Post a Comment

<< Home