9.10.2005

"Didn't you see them defrosting on my desk?"

In Passing is a beautifully hilarious website that boasts some of the best overheard quotes in Berkley, and I'd forgotten how much I love going there. A few of my favorite posts:

"Remember Kenny?"
"New guy, Josh's old co-worker?"
"Yeah. Tonight he was leaving the office and said, 'I'm going to go home and cook these steaks.' I didn't really care, but I said, 'What steaks?' And then he says, "Didn't you see them defrosting on my desk? I bought them from this guy. He was selling them out of the back of his car in the parking lot at McDonald's.'"
"Ew. Ew. I don't even eat cow but ew."
"So in case the next story I tell you about Kenny starts with 'So we haven't seen Kenny in a few days...' Now you know why."

--A guy and a girl waiting in line for breakfast at La Note

"I always feel thinner when I'm tan. You know how black pants are slimming? Dark colors? It's like black pants for your whole body."
"Except black pants don't kill you."

--Two women talking in the produce section at Whole Foods


"Wait, are there two Starbucks in the mall? I just yelled at my friend for being late, and there are two Starbucks in this mall?"
"Maybe she knew she was late, so she went to the other one. To trick you."
"What kind of friends do you have? And where is the other Starbucks?"

--A girl and a barista at (surprisingly) Starbucks.

Heehee. I love random bits of conversation. Add In Passing to your daily link list, it's a great way to start your day. No, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home