5.19.2005

Bordering On Strange

So I'm hold right now with the Apple store at Somerset. I just realized that we were supposed to get OS X (Tiger) on our Mac Mini, but we didn't. Probably becuase it was a refreshed one and they hadn't added it in yet, but it's still supposed to be on there. Oh, good--just talked to the guy, he said no problem and I can come pick up the disc tonight. Which is even better, because that means now Caleb and I will get to use it! Yay for TIger!

Anyway, it finally hit me that I'm a little wierd when I talked to the associate on the phone and was overcome with the desire to hug him and tell him how much I love Apple. And how I wanted his job, and he's so lucky to get to help people with Macs all day, and that I wanted to bear his children even though I had no idea what he looked like. Okay, maybe not that last part. But it was headed there until I laughed at myself and relized, wow. I really do love these computers. It's such a funny thing, too--I really do love my iPod and I was devastated when our old computer "configured" it to PC and erased it without telling me. I love my G5 and I can honestly say that I miss it. And I am wililng to go drive 20 minutes to go pick up the Tiger disc even though I had plans to watch Season Two of Arrested Development tonight. I'm a geek. But I don't care, because Caleb is a geek too, and we will get married some day and have geek children, and we will be one big happy geek family with Apple stickers on their minivan.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home