5.09.2005

BBQs and Warm Days

Today was much better than yesterday. I slept in until 12:30 (not on purpose, but it was nice anyway) and then Caleb picked me up so we could go to the Student Life End-of-the-Year BBQ at Chris' house. It was a lot of fun, and some tasty burgers and hot dogs were had by all (Dave's a good grillmaster). We played a mean game of croquet and then Daniel, Chris, Emily, Ira, Luke, Caleb and I chilled out inside after everyone left and talked. Luke told us one of the best prank stories I've ever heard involving fishing line and a "ghost." All in all, it was a beautiful day out with some enjoyable company. I have some pictures on Flickr, so be sure to click on the sidebar link on the right.

After the BBQ, Caleb and I went to Barnes and Noble, where he studied and I gave in and bought a caramel frappucino. And read. I finished "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey and I'm more determined than ever to work hard this summer. I need to make money to pay for school and rent and I don't care if that means not having as much time for the beach. The beach will be there for the rest of my life.

I talked to my mom for awhile (it is Mother's Day, after all) and then picked up a few things at Wally World. Caleb and I made some dinner and then I came home and packed. And packed. And packed some more. I'm doing a pretty good job (much better than I though I would). I only have a few more things until I'm ready to go.

I still can't believe it's 3am on Monday morning and I only have three more days left here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home