3.08.2005

the art box

First off, I just want to get this out of the way:

Caleb Jones is the best boyfriend on the planet.

Our 2 year Anniversary was on Sunday. I had to work that afternoon, so we decided to officially celebrate it on Monday evening (though we did get to hang out for a little bit on Sunday and made some really delicious chicken). When I came to pick him up on Monday afternoon (his truck is still in the shop), he was carrying a vase that held a dozen of the most beautiful roses--lavender, pink, and red. I was floored. They're amazing. I hardly knew what to do with myself. Then, after a stop by the used bookstore (where I bought three really awesome books to use as sketchbooks), we went to Red Lobster. I had some amazing crab legs and shrimp, and we talked about high school and prom for awhile (which was pretty funny). Later that night, we did the whole Gift Thing, and he gave me a really sweet letter and gift certificate to this really nice spa in Boonsburo. A spa! And I'm going to get a massage! Okay, I'm done now. No more schmoopy-ness. But dang, my boyfriend is awesome. Oh, and hopefully I'm pretty cool too--I got him "Exile on Main Street" by the Stones; Maroon 5's cd; a bottle of his favorite cologne from bath and body works; and a year's subscription to Muscle and Fitness (he already buys it every month, so I figured I'd save him the trouble).

-----

It's funny how I've been realizing more and more that there is so much inspiration around me. I've always felt like the hardest thing to conquer was bein uninspired--but I've been too hard on myself! Inspiration comes from every day things--I don't need a sign from God or some exaqct picture of a painting; I just need the tip of a thought or idea! All i need is a color, a quote, a word, an object. There are so many untapped resources in my life right now and I feel like I finally have a bucket to empty them into. I went to this littlle art store in downtown Lynchburg with Caleb this afternoon and bought over fifty dollars worth of art supplies:

  • Art Tape
  • Wingate Paper Palette
  • 2 Sakura Micron ink pens
  • Spray Fixative
  • Color Wheel
  • Red, yellow, and blue Acrylic paints
  • 2 brush sets
  • X-acto knife
  • Two erasers


It was heaven. I suddenly want to roll in paints and brushes and canvas up to my eyeballs, until my hair is stained with ink and I'm covered in handmade paper and vintage fabrics. I want to stake out studio space and buy an easel and cover the floor with newspaper. I want a tub of gesso (paper primer) so big I can turn the whole world into a painting and I want a warm and cozy gallery filled with candles and chai and paint and brushes and I want to finally overcome this crazy rut that I stuck myself in. [deep breath] And I think I can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home