9.16.2003

// listening to: Jars of Clay, "Jars of Clay"//


And the saga that is "Crystal's Life" continues...

With the story of a really, really painful tooth. Yes, my front tooth (the right one, for those of you taking notes) has become increasingly painful over the course of the past few days. I don't even recall anything in particular happening to it, it just gradually hurt more. And more. And more. Until my upper jaw felt like it was one big glowing tooth that blinks with the pulsating of my heart. (Good thing that's just a figure of speech, cuz daaang that would be one ugly mouth.)

I went to the dentist today, and after the typical poking, prodding, and x-rays he came to an enthralling conclusion: it's too long. Yeah. Apparently when I had my left front tooth smoothed down a little, it left my right front tooth a little longer, so I've been biting on it funny and causing undue amounts of pressure on it. I guess this has been going on for a very long time and finally culminated in the past couple of days. So he smoothed out my right tooth a bit and now...well, it still hurts. He told me to give it a week for the swelling to go down, and if it still hurts then I'm too call him and (oh the sheer joy) make an appointment for him to take the old filling out and replace it. Bleh. Hopefully it won't come down to that.

In other news, we're in the middle of Hurricane Isabel. Which, I must say, is nothing but a rainy windstorm in this part of Central Virginia. Nonetheless, I'm happy for it because it meant no class tonight and Caleb and I got to chill at Barnes and Nobles after a lovely dinner of Sheetz subs and Vanilla Cokes. Yum.

Ok, so one more thing before I go finish my much-procrastinated math homework:

I might possibly be going to Florida next weekend to see Unforsaken play with Cool Hand Luke, visit Caleb's family and friends, and just take a weekend off. Unfortunatly, money is a bit of an issue and gas is expensive, so there's a very good chance that it won't happen. I'm still prayin' though; the weeks I spent in Florida this summer were two of the happiest weeks of my life and I can't wait to go back again. One good thing--if we don't go, Caleb is going to be playing a show with some other local bands (more info on the "shows" page if it happens). So that's awesome for him, especially since it will be the first time he and Cameron (the new guitarist) play a show together. I'm excited for them, so even if I can't enjoy Florida, I can enjoy good music and a weekend off from work.

Arright. Math time. Good thing this isn't real math, just ven diagrams and dumb "problem/solutioin" things. Time consuming, but not extremely hard. Yet. (Here's to hoping that "yet" is not the key word...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home