7.25.2003

Wow. I have definitely been sitting at this computer for way too long. My neck hurts, eyes are fuzzed over, my head is a pile of mush...and yet here I remain. Mainly because I wanted to post before I watch the movie I got (Death to Smoochy). Cuz I know once the movie is over, I'm going to have one thing on my mind: sleep.

So I finished my links page. And now I'm actually feeling a bit depressed and inadequate. After sifting through tons of design and photography and band sites that I like to visit, I realize (once again) how far I have to go. Now I'm thinking about what design classes I can take next semester, how I can learn flash and java and blah blah blah. This is a never-ending cycle. I guess I wouldn't feel so depressed if:

a) I had a better computer + software
b) this was June, not three weeks before I go back to school and things get crazy.

But that's life.

I got to go home from work early today. Well, I guess "got to go" wouldn't be the most apt way of putting it--more like, "sent home because we were extremely slow." I give my self a weak sense of optimism by emphasizing how glad I was to leave and have extra time. Let's not talk about the fact that I only have 19 hours of work this week anyway...

Last night I got to talk to Caleb for two hours. I killed the battery on my dad's cell phone, to say the least. Ah, but thank heaven for unlimited night and weekend minutes--even if it means I get to bed at three am. Caleb is leaving for vacation with his family on Monday, which is perfect timing since I'm leaving for vacation...Friday. Yeah. (Sarcasm should be noted.) Ah well, at least they're only going to St. Augustine, so he can call me now and then. I just keep tiding myself over with the fact that once I get back from Ocean City, I'll only have four more days till I'm back at school.

School. I miss it, a lot. More than I ever thought I would. I've been talking to my friend beaNie a lot lately--Caleb is gonna be on his hall next semester, and plus beaNie is just fun to talk to. Anyhow, the more we converse, the more I realize how much I miss LU. And people. I'm so darn anti-social this summer! I can't even help it, all my friends live too far away, or are working, or have boyfriends that take up their time. It's sad, really. I was saying the other day that when I finally do get back to school, I won't even know what to do with myself. I'll be overwhelmed by the amount of people in such close vicinity.

I watched Funny Face last night--Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire. Honestly, I don't think I will ever cease to be amazed by the amount of time spent on the choreography and costume design in that movie. I would give my new messenger bag to go on the set for just a day. And my bag is pretty darn cool, I must say.

Alright, I'd best be going. I'm in the middle of downloading quicktime so I can watch a movie that I downloaded from mis-one dot com. Gee, I love my slow internet connection...

p.s.
Can I just say, I know there has to be at least one person reading this journal. Just one. So please, for the love of all that is good in the world, leave me a comment. Or sign my guestbook. Or something! Just please, let me know that I am not alone in this cold, cruel world of html.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home