7.11.2003

Today was extremely long. And I only did three things:

  • Painted a deck and porch.
  • Worked out.
  • Went to my boring History class.

    Have I mentioned the Boring History Class as of yet? I don't think so. Allow me to expound...
    I am currently one credit short of being a Junior this fall. So I thought to myself, "Hmm, why don't I take a class over the summer, get three more credits, see if I can't get out of college a bit sooner?" And I am. Well, taking a class, who knows about the whole-getting-done-early thing. So I enrolled in European History 202 at the community college a few miles away.
    And it. is. boooooring.

    I am not kidding, this is the dullest class I've ever taken in my life. It's taught by an old guy who also works part-time as a librarian (yeah, that says a lot right there), and his whole point of the class is to teach "concepts" instead of "meaningless facts." So I'm sitting here in my "college" class, learning fifth grade definitions of Imperialism, Capitalism, Society, etc. ad nauseum. Thankfully, the fact that it's easy is convenient since it is, well, SUMMER. And we also get out early, which is nice. So I suppose I can't really complain too much, but dang--if this were a class that was part of my major, I would not be a happy camper.

    So, as a reward for my hard work at staying awake in class tonight, I rented "O", with Julia Stiles and Mekhi Phiefer. I've yet to watch it, but hopefully it will be good. I mean, c'mon, it's based on Shakespeare's "Othello" and it has Julia Stiles. Has to have some merit.

    I also made forty bucks today, which was a plus. I painted some of this house that gets rented out by the guy my dad works for. Yeah, try saying that five times fast. And what did I buy with some of my hard-earned money?

    ::drumroll please::
    A domain name!
    Woo-hoo!

    That's right, as of right now, www.onemoreminute.net is officially registered to me. There's nothing there yet, because I have to wait till I recieve a confirmation notice to start using it (and have to transfer my files). But yay me! Big step in my whole website-goal. Yay me!

    My brother just called me. He's helping out at a Christian camp in Connecticut for Russian/American kids. Now if that's not random, this is--it's directed by a guy who taught at the school I graduated from and also used to live in the basement of a house we rented when we first moved to Michigan. Crazy, ay? Anyhow, he's having incredible amounts of fun, which is good--although I was a little taken aback to hear that he snuck out with a bunch of kids the first night and went swimming. In his underwear. These are not things I need to know about my good little brother! Hehe. He's sixteen though, kids will be kids. ::cough::

    Only thirty five more days until I see Caleb!
    (yes)
    (I am pathetic)
    (and darn happy)

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home