4.30.2006

"Call on your power animal." "Come here!" "Do it in your mind."

Last night I ate more mexican food than I could have possibly dreamed of. The number of quesedillas and burritos is just insane. We had a little shindig at Chris and Erin's as a sort of "See ya later, Russell!" celebration (he's going to South Africa to film for a few weeks. Mexican food + friends = muy bueno times.

I've been working for the past seven days straight. I have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off, so I have plans to go to the beach with Katie and do something fun with Eb and Allison.

I finished doing online traffic school so that I won't get points from my dumb speed trap ticket. Online Traffic School is embarrassingly easy. Not that I mind.

Finally, I leave you with this: Thumbsucker. This movie is brilliant. I netflixed it, thinking that it would be mediocre but nicely filmed. I was so wrong. The directing is some of the best I've seen all year, the character developement is fast and meaningful, and the filming is beautiful. I highly reccomend it. I was pulled into the story from almost the moment it began, and the ending was redemptive wihout being forcedly resolved.

Seriously. Watch it this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, if that power animal quote is from your yoga class...

8:48 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Nooooooo, no. It's definitely a quote from "Thumbsucker." Thank goodness.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home