2.08.2006

the ground remembers her

I went to hear Denison Witmer tonight. His music is beautiful--sleepy Iron & Wine mixed with a little bit of Simon & Garfunkel. He's also delightfully funny. Bernard also played...I always get so swept up in their music. It's so thick, and they play old black and white films in the background, perfectly timed to the music. It's an experience.

It's cold here: 43 degrees. The cold and the music makes me long for Virginia. I never thought I was so attached, but somehow that state has gotten into my bones. I guess it makes sense. I became more of who I was there, I grew there, I fell in love. it will always have a special place in my life. And nights like tonight make me wish I could open my eyes and be there again.

But instead, today I rode my bike down the cobblestone streets to Flagler's scuplture lab, where I started making a clay model for piece I'm carving out of aerated concrete. And I know I'm right where I need to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home